First harvest from the Spring garden

April 6, 2014 by Buffy

The garden has started to grow.

April 6th Garden

April 6th Garden

We picked lettuce this week!  I had two of the cutest little helpers, but I forgot to get their picture!  It sure was fun to share the garden with little people.

Lettuce

Lettuce

Our beets are up!

Our carrots are starting to pop up, but still very tiny!

Carrots

Carrots

Our potatoes finally peeked through the straw!  We are on the watch for those pesky Colorado potato beetles!  Those pretty gold striped lady bugs aren’t getting past us this year!

Check out our broccoli!  Look closely!  Yes, it is making a small head!

We also have some mystery plants.  Maybe cabbage, Brussels sprouts or cauliflower?  Any guesses?  We can not remember!

Surprises are nice right?

10 thoughts on “First harvest from the Spring garden

1. Leslie says:

I’m jealous of your garden! We’ve only just had a few days above 40 degrees, and don’t have anything in the ground yet! A lot of places don’t even have their seeds in yet. I’m so anxious to get started, but I try to remind myself to take advantage of the calm before the storm. 🙂

• Buffy says:

Thank you! I lost several cabbage and cauliflower plants to the cold! My onions look terrible! They wouldn’t even show up in the photo! I have trouble waiting on Spring! Enjoy your calm! Spring will arrive!

2. any american man says:

NOICE!

3. Sherry says:

Still waiting to plant,first snow now rain and flood….. your garden looks great

4. I just planted my lettuce, spinach and onions! I am so far behind. Your garden is looking good already!

• Buffy says:

You are not that behind! Mine just started showing signs of life! It has been just sitting there looking pitiful! My Brussels sprouts, cabbage and cauliflower have just sit there and rotted! We need some warm soil! My seed starts have taken over my house looking for a warn sunny spot!

5. Littlesundog says:

Jeepers! I just got a few seeds in last week and a few sprouts are finally popping from the soil! I’m so envious your garden is flourishing already! Last year I planted too early and lost a lot due to late freezes. Just watch… this year it’ll be the opposite and I’ll wish I’d planted my seeds early!