Chicks in my future

May 13, 2014 by Buffy

Look what I got for Mother’s Day!

I see chicks in my future!  I’ve never hatched any eggs.  Any advise you have to share would be wonderful!

11 thoughts on “Chicks in my future

1. Builder Bob says:

Take from me, a guy in a house with nothing but “Chicks”, Chicks are trouble and EXPENSIVE!

2. Littlesundog says:

We generally purchase chicks via a hatchery. We have hatched from our own stock in an incubator, but it requires diligence in turning the eggs, and monitoring temperature and moisture. We have also allowed a broody hen to sit on and hatch her eggs. Unfortunately, when hatching eggs from our own stock (whether incubating or a broody hen setting) we end up with mostly roosters and very few hens.

I think you should definitely try hatching eggs and see how you like it! Be sure to research a good bit online. You might check out my friend Amy Elizabeth’s blog, http://tbnranch.com/ to learn more about every aspect of raising chickens – and there is a lot of information on hatching! Good luck! ~ Lori

3. tbnranch says:

Lucky you! Welcome to the world of trial and error! You’ll do the same thing we all do… learn as we go! It looks like you got the auto egg turners… great!

4. Fun! I’ve never done that so keep us posted.

5. Leslie says:

I wish I had some advice for you… but I’ve never hatched chicks. I’ll be watching your experiences! 🙂

6. Buffy says:

I’ll be sure to share the cuteness!

7. colonialist says:

Any plot being hatched involving chicks seems ominous, to me! 🙂

I took the college girl a little studying inspiration! You can find me on the couch, forever!  Outside is scary! Found this on my how today! I'll be playing inside from now on! What to do with all those extra jalapeno peppers!  Stuff with cream cheese and wrap in bacon!  Top with a little BBQ sauce and roast!  Yum!