May 23, 2014 by Buffy
My statue of Mary was hit by a falling branch and broke her head off. I have had her for a very long time. I was heart-broken so I had to try to repair her. I fixed her head with some adhesive made for concrete. (I would not use this adhesive if I had to do it over. I would probably use mortar or grout of some sort. This was runny and not stiff enough to repair some of the chips around her neck.)
She was back in one piece but she wasn’t looking very good. Of course we know I love a good painting project even if this one had more pressure to succeed than most of my projects. I started by spraying her with a quick spray of spray paint.
The spray paint gave a quick coat of coverage and made my painting easier. This is not the look I was hoping to achieve. So I got out my brushes and went to work. She was almost done, she just needed a little work on her hair and neck.
My completed project:
While I wasn’t able to completely repair the damage, I think she turned out nice.