June 28, 2014 by Buffy
So three weeks ago we started a strange project, propagating our fig tree that needs removed from my asparagus patch. We fitted several branches with soda bottles filled with soil. The fig should start to root in the soda bottles. It should take about 6 weeks. We are at the half way point.
I was amazed today when I went out to check on it. It’s working!
There are roots!
Lots & lots of roots!
All of this Arkansas rain has kept the soil nice and moist. According to the instructional video we saw it said to not get excited when you see roots, but wait until the roots are thick and firm in the bottle before removing the limb. Well, we are very excited, but we will wait! 3 more weeks! It’s nice to see a positive from all this rain!