A very hot day for a show!

July 26, 2014 by Buffy

While the rest of the world is at the lake enjoying the Summer, we circle a dirt pit and watch these girls do their thing in the blazing heat.

They won’t look that cool today!  Today is very hot!  The pressure is on too with only two shows to qualify for the state horse show!  This is also a double point show, but that won’t slow down these girls.  They will still be happy and kind.  Notice a 4th girl today?  Princess loaned her a horse for this show.  Spec, the gray horse, came out of retirement to help out a horse show friend.  Blondie is very kind too.  Here she is helping the next generation of barrel racers!

The girls noticed my last post showed them all standing around and being slow, so I snapped a few going fast.

Sorry for the quality of these photos.  I used my cell phone.

They are fast!  I would never be brave enough to go this fast on a horse!

One of the Mucking Moms is much braver than me!  She goes really fast!

Wish them luck!  Please send a cloud and a cool breeze for this mucking mom.

10 thoughts on “A very hot day for a show!

1. Jodi says:

Good luck qualifying! If showing horses is as fun as showing cows I’m sure they had a blast no matter how hot.

2. Good luck and cool thoughts!

3. Leslie says:

That looks like so much fun! My 3 year old desperately wants to learn to ride horses, but I’m thinking we’ll start with a $5 pony ride and go from there. 🙂
    How young did you start your girls?

• Buffy says:

It is a lot of fun! JQ started riding lead by an adult at 5 and then moved to halter showing with 4-H. JQ started riding lessons when she was 7. She started Jr. Rodeos at 8. It has been a wild ride!

4. Dominique says:

Great action shots! I like how they’re leaning into the bends! I can just feel the heat and dust 🙂 hopefully a cloud will offer some shade

5. colonialist says:

What fabulous fun! Both granddaughters were keen on pony rides from age about 2, but at 3 and 6 both still need to be on a lead rein – but not holding on. We are not close enough to suitable ponies for it to be at all regular.

6. Bill says:

Reminds me of the nights we spent at horse shows years ago. Our daughter never wanted to show her horse though. She worked as the ribbon girl and just loved being around the horses. Good memories. Savor them before they grow up. 🙂

• Buffy says:

I’m trying! JQ had senior pictures yesterday! Wow! It seems like last week she started kindergarten! We have lots of great memories from horse showing and cow showing!