My one word for 2015

January 2, 2015 by Buffy

What one word describes your goals or inspirations for the new year? Wow! One word? That is very limited. We all know I like to use lots of words. This challenge to find one word is part of a group challenge the Arkansas Women Bloggers are doing. I really was not inspired when I first read the challenge, but then I read a couple of blog posts. I was inspired! I am often inspired by this group of intelligent women. I joined the Arkansas Women Bloggers this year and have been amazed at the way these ladies encourage and uplift all those around them. One of the inspirational posts was (Delta Moxie).  The other post was from Jacqueline Wolven, she had a link to a list called Find Your Word.  I followed the link and began to get more inspired. A whole list of powerful, intentional, focused words.

Brave! That’s a great word! What if i intentionally try to be brave in all I do in 2015.

Faith! Another amazing word. What if I used stronger faith in all I do. What if I worked hard to grow and share my faith in 2015. That would be a very valuable use of my energies.

Fun! I really like to have fun! What if I focus this year on having more fun. Making more fun? That would definitely have me smiling.

Grace! Wow! What If I tried to have more grace in all I do. What if I tried to find grace? Grace is a big, beautiful, powerful word. The world would be a much better place if we all showed more grace.

There were lots of great words, but in the end one word seemed best suited to my life right now.

Declutter! It is not as big and powerful as faith and grace, but hopefully I will be brave enough to conquer all my clutter. Who knows maybe I will even have a little fun while I do it.  Yes, declutter will be my word for this year.  I will declutter my house, my purse, my photos, and my life.  Bring on 2015!  (Check out my photo decluttering inspiration here.  It’s from another great Arkansas Women Blogger’s post.)

Do you have one word? Or do you use other ways to motivate and accomplish your goals? My friend Stacy makes a focus board. I love, love, love this idea! Check out Stacy’s board here.  I think better in pictures so I think this would work great to motivate me.  I hope you have a______ year!

By Buffy

15 thoughts on “My one word for 2015

1. Delta Moxie says:

I love your words! Declutter would fit well in world as well! Have a Happy and Declutter Year!

2. Beth says:

So glad the photo post was helpful, Buffy! I’ve been on a pretty big decluttering streak myself, so I’m cheering for you! I recently tackled a closet overhaul, so that post is coming soon on Little Magpie. Thanks for the link and good luck this year!! 🙂

Ps so glad ARWB has been an inspiration for you – we are so glad to have you!

– Beth

3. Sharon says:

Wow! This is thought provoking. I have enjoyed all of the bloggers’ blogs. What great ideas.

4. Littlesundog says:

My word would be “Bliss”… and you know me – that would pertain to nature and all that I glean from being near animals and plant life. They teach me so much!! Happy New Year to you!! 🙂

5. Bill says:

It’s interesting that you chose that word. My wife wrote on her blog that decluttering is her goal for this year as well.

If I were to choose a word I’d choose “peace.” I mean peace not just as an absence of violence, but as the state of harmony that comes with simplification and contentment. Of course in order to simplify (and move toward that state of peace/harmony), it’s usually necessary to declutter.

All best wishes for a very happy New Year!

6. My word would have to be “content”. I plan to really be content with where I am in every moment instead of thinking…I should be doing this, I am missing that, or hurry we have to keep moving, in 2015. Great post!

7. I live a life of CONSTANT decluttering so I, of course, think you have an AMAZING word! You CAN do this! I would suggest the monthly focus – maybe: January/ Closet, February/Kitchen, March/Bathroom, April/Bedroom…. that way you aren’t overwhelmed. You might also do the one bag a week to go a year! That is 52 walmart bags that have stuff leaving your home. Phew! That would be amazing.

• Buffy says:

Oh thank you! I love your ideas! I made myself a list of 30 small areas to start with, for example night stands, entry table, mail pile. I hope to do one each day for a month. Then I may go with your monthly focus idea.

8. My word for 2015 is Earnest. I like the word Declutter too. I must say, when I first read it I thought “Wow, she must be a hoarder” .. but then I realized it can go with so much more than physical stuff.