Hostage of the seed company

April 7, 2015 by Buffy

I have been excitedly awaiting my last-minute additional seed order.   It has been over a week since I ordered. Then I received this email from the company:

ORDER STATUS UPDATE: PROCESSING COMPLETE
Dear Buffy,

Order ########### has completed order processing and has been cleared for fulfillment. Once your zone opens for shipping, your order will be filled and shipped.

When my zone opens for shipping?    I’m not really feeling the love right now, Gurney’s!

10 thoughts on “Hostage of the seed company

1. mountaingmom says:

Gurneys is a Monsanto Co. Try Southern Exposure or Seeds of Change. They both deliver promptly and aren’t in the pocket of big business.

2. My dad placed an order with them and also had trouble. Hope you get it soon!

• Buffy says:

They promised after I complained that I would have them yesterday! So much for promises! Farmer Rick has been working In the garden all day! Too bad he doesn’t have those seeds!

3. Bill says:

Hoping you get them when you need them. Just fwiw, in addition to Southern Exposure, we get seeds from Johnnys and Fedco. Good companies and good customer service.

• Buffy says:

Thanks for the recommendations! I love how our weather mirrors each other! We have been busy planting too, in between rain storms. Our dogwoods and redwoods just started to bloom this week too!

4. neilirving says:

I hope you get them soon and I know how you feel I ordered some new walking boots and I’m still waiting for them and the sun is shining 😉

5. valbjerke says:

My favorite? My regular seed company shows ‘available’ when I order in February – and when my order arrives they are ‘sold out’ of half dozen of my picks. I can’t even plant until May……