New Chicken Tractor?

June 27, 2015 by Buffy

Farmer Rick said no more chickens.  Really?  Well anyone that has chickens will tell you, you can never have too many chickens!  Of course I agree, the more chickens the better.  So imagine my surprise when I came home to this beauty!

Second Model Chicken Tractor

Chicken Tractor – Egg Factory 2

He has made several modifications to improve on his original tractor design.  This new coop will have built-in feeder and nipple water.  It is also much larger!

Here is a photo of the original tractor design.  You can see more about it here.

The original chicken tractor

The original chicken tractor

I’ll post more when he completes Egg Factory 2!  More chickens?  Yes, I think so!

7 thoughts on “New Chicken Tractor?

1. mountaingmom says:

Do youut a floor in them? I am having issues with chick loss from mine. I put a floor in that was 4″ off the ground and ended up with tiny chicks getting under and not able to get back out so I removed it again. I’m trying to solve my problem now.

• Buffy says:

No Floor. I like them to be able to scratch. I usually don’t put chicks in tractors until they are 5 or 6 weeks old.

• mountaingmom says:

What do you do with Momma raised chicks? My coop is way off the ground so I can’t leave them there. I thought my tractor was the solution but I have lost 6 out of 3 broods to predatators at night.

• Buffy says:

I have a small wire cage I use for a couple weeks after the brooder. It is fully closed with wire. I put some chicks straight into the tractor from the brooder and they kept getting out of the tractor. We have found it best that they spend a couple weeks in the wire cage after the brooder.

2. Bill says:

Congrats! I’m envious. The moveable coop I got isn’t moveable unless you have 3 friends helping you. I have something like this on my wish list. Maybe this winter….

3. Jodi says:

Nice! I would like to get one of these some day! We currently have them on lock down with bird flu pretty much all around us. It’s gotten bad enough they don’t have chickens at any fairs or auctions thru the rest of summer in Ohio.

4. No more chickens…ha that’s a good one!! Cool design of the tractor!